Deep Fried is a full-service, New-Orleans based creative and interactive agency. We help businesses reach their potential by building memorable brands and cross-channel campaigns that speak to their customers.
We are seeking a full-time web developer to work in conjunction with the team and clients to develop and produce beautiful web and interactive projects. This position is available immediately.
- Custom WordPress theme development, buildout, and content management
- Web Development: front-end development & back-end / app / software support / integration / development
- Web Maintenance: scheduled maintenance & acute needs
- Hosting & Domains: management, deployment
- Client Training & Support
Required Web / Dev / Technical Skills
- 2-5+ years professional experience building websites in WordPress
- HTML5, CSS3, JS, PHP
- WordPress: classic editor, Gutenberg block editor, custom theme development; familiar with hooks, actions & filters
- Cross-browser testing & troubleshooting
- Servers: CDN, DNS and SSL setup and management
- Other platforms: Shopify, Webflow, Squarespace
- E-commerce: WooCommerce, Shopify and/or Squarespace
- Payment gateway experience: PayPal, FirstData, Stripe, etc.
- Git; managing merge conflicts
- jQuery, ReactJS, GatsbyJS, Next.js
- Back-end / full stack development
- Custom plugin development
- Familiar with BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS or other naming conventions
- Responsive design / UX strategy
- REST APIs: making requests, integrating third-party data
- SEO & Google Analytics
- Landing Pages, email marketing campaigns
- Motion Graphics / After Effects / video and audio integration
- Mac environment
- Cloud-based time tracking / project management software (will be provided / trained)
- Budget time appropriately and respect client budgets; adapt solutions to meet varying goals
- Estimate task / project difficulty, requirements and timelines
- Code within a team environment on shared projects
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate flexibility in a team environment, eagerness to learn, and a sense of humor
This position may be offered as remote position, or in New Orleans, LA or Baton Rouge, LA as a work in-office & remote hybrid role.
Pay & Benefits
- Full-time salary pay commensurate with experience, proficiency & skill set
- 10 Holidays + PTO + Friyay program
- Health Insurance, Short-term disability, Maternity policy & 401K match up to 4%
- Flexible schedule with “core office hours” 9am – 5pm CST
Some of our benefits / perks are listed here. We do some fun stuff over here and are looking for eager and talented individuals who want to join our team and be part of the growing Deep Fried family. Deep Fried is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates should submit an email to [email protected] with the subject line WEB DEVELOPER and the following:
- Resume (or link), Cover Letter, and link to LinkedIn profile if available
- Relevant work examples. We are looking for talent – show us projects that made it to production as well as anything you’ve posted to Github or Codepen.
The position is available now and first interviews will be held remotely by Zoom. No recruiters.