Deep Fried is seeking a qualified and experienced Copywriter to work with a multitude of the agency’s clients, across a wide array of industries. The Copywriter is responsible for creating content across all platforms, from collateral to traditional, digital, and social media. They are responsible for developing and maintaining a voice that is unique to each client, and creating language that moves audiences. Their style is versatile as is their work pace; some projects may span weeks or months, while others are drawn up on the fly. Whether working on a name / tagline, website copy or ad campaign, they bring a positive attitude to the workplace and are enthusiastic about building brands and actionable content. This position is based in our New Orleans, LA office. The position is available now and first interviews will be held remotely by Zoom. No recruiters.
- Content Process: short-form & long-form content development from interview to proofreading
- Branding: name development, taglines, brand strategy / manifestos, corporate communications / language
- Campaign Copywriting: ad campaigns, social / digital ads, video / radio scripts
- Website Content: creative, technical and search-optimized writing
- Content Strategy & Marketing: blogs, email, social media
- Collateral: marketing materials, packaging, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Develop unique and meaningful brand names and taglines
- Deliver highly effective short- and long-form copy that is written through the lens of each unique business
- Understand the context that different platforms offer and be able to write for all locations / media types
- Be an excellent interviewer and notetaker
- Enjoy collaborating with account managers, strategists, marketers and designers
- Have strong presentation skills and enjoy pitching ideas
- Minimum 2-5+ years of copywriting and content development experience for clients in an agency setting.
- A versatile voice, with an ability to write for varying tones and audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, eager to learn more and write effective content.
- A desire to lead content development from inception to completion.
Pay & Benefits
- Full-time salary pay commensurate with experience
- 10 Holidays + PTO + Friyay program
- Health Insurance
- 401K match up to 4%
- Short-term disability & Maternity policy
- Flexible schedule with “core office hours” 9am – 5pm CST
Qualified candidates should apply below or submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line COPYWRITER and the following:
- Resume (or link), Cover Letter, and link to LinkedIn profile
- Link to / documentation of relevant writing samples / portfolio of work