Junior to Mid-Level Developer
Deep Fried Advertising is a boutique creative and interactive agency located in New Orleans. We are an agile team of 16, dedicated to creating beautiful, unique and well-executed solutions. We pride ourselves on our client relationships, dependable service, rich talent and adaptive design and development skills. We are searching for a full-time developer to work in conjunction with the staff, clients and vendors to develop and produce beautiful web and interactive projects. We want problem-solvers who do awesome work and are proud of it.
- Front-end: HTML5, CSS3 (flexbox, grid) and JS (ES6/7/8, jQuery)
- WordPress: block editor, custom themes and/or custom plugins
- Cross-browser testing: IE11+
- Git: must be able to manage merge conflicts
- Servers: CDN, DNS and SSL setup and management
- Code within a team environment on shared projects
- Estimate task/project difficulty
- Adapt solutions to meet varying client goals
- Troubleshoot independently, but ask for help when required
- Responsive design and/or UX strategy
- Google Analytics and/or AdWords
- Back-end development: PHP and/or GatsbyJS
- E-commerce: WooCommerce, Shopify and/or Squarespace
- WordPress plugin development
- Understanding WordPress hooks, actions and filters
- Familiar with BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS or other naming conventions
- Payment gateway experience: PayPal, FirstData, Stripe, etc.
- Basic understanding of typography and color theory
- Email marketing campaigns
- Motion Graphics / After Effects / video and audio integration
- Macintosh environment
- Must work in our New Orleans office
- Budget time appropriately and respect client budgets
- Must use time tracking software (provided)
- Demonstrate flexibility in a team environment, as well as leadership when called upon
- Eagerness to learn and sense of humor
- Local candidates only. No recruiters.
We are looking for talent. Show us projects that made it to production as well as anything you’ve posted to Github or Codepen.
This is a full-time position. Salaried pay commensurate with experience, proficiency and skill set. Full-time benefits include: PTO, 10 holidays, health insurance, 401(k) and short-term disability. We do some fun stuff over here and are looking for eager and talented individuals who want to join our team and be part of the growing Deep Fried family.